Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Unplugging

I'll be away from blogging/crackbook/google for a spell. I'm having the USB port that spontaneously grew in my head this past week surgically removed. I gave a self-imposed deadline of Sept. 30 to have a lot of new work ready, along with a new Etsy store and art blog up and running. I must now barricade myself in my studio.

When I'm done, I'm planning an original art giveaway with some silly question asked in which you must comment, because I'm needy for your attention and I want to know you're still out there and listening. And I just like giving away free stuff.

In the meantime, my last googling fix unearthed a bit of eye candy sites.

Dave Beckerman's gorgeous black and white photos of New York City places and people. His work is beautifully atmospheric and narrative. I love lingering in his photographic world.

My Love For You Is a Stampede of Horses is a blog highlighting artists. You'll notice a similar style in her choices of artists - graphic, mixed media, Etsy hip. There is a lot of interesting art to be found. It's a wonderfully image rich site.

Artist Liu Bolin paints his models to blend seamlessly into their backgrounds. Wild, take a look.

And finally, Royal de Luxe's little giant girl. Magical -

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Sounds like you've a lot to do before the end of the month... me too... see you in October!

Melody said...

I could spend all day checking out new sites and blogs.....these were terrific. The Royal de Luxe..just fascinating and I loved Dave Beckerman's work. Hurray back soon from your deadline. I'll most certainly miss reading your posts.

dinahmow said...

Enjoy your break. I'll be off the wire (off the wall?) for a couple of weeks, too.But I did manage to get the sketchbooks away!