Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Matter of Scale

I stumbled upon Musuemr recently. http://www.dumpr.net/museumr.php If you’re not aware of it, it lets you upload photos and merges them into images from art museums. Other than the obvious time waster of seeing what fun it would be to see your art look “important”, I found another useful purpose for it. It can help with composition. Before embarking on a large scale painting, upload a thumbnail sketch into museumr and you can easily see the problem spots in your composition. Here’s an example from a sketch of mine. Seeing it in this scale, I’m more aware the right side and foreground need work.



And just for fun, here’s a digitally colored linocut print which I’ll be putting in my Etsy store soon, less than 8”x10” in reality, but in museumr?… super freaky!















No comments: