Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Everybody wants to be heard

Years ago, in another life, I worked briefly as a Career Adviser for people on welfare. Some people hit hard times, others were unemployable with issues far beyond my capacity to help. It was a depressing job. In my off hours, to keep my sanity, I worked on little projects to entertain myself. One of them was a single panel comic I titled, Too Much TV. Recently, I found some of the old sketches. Here's one I quite liked, even though it's a bit dated - (and if I wasn't blogging everyday, I'd have the time to clean it up and add digital colour, ah well).

Now in the web age, you can make your own comics easily without drawing a thing and even do your your own animations with free online programs, like Pixton and Go Animate. Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed by all these random voices on the interwebs (like me!) crying out to be heard. My favourite online web comic strip, xkcd, says it best with this one -(click on it to get the full image)

3 comments:

p said...

well i think your sketches supersede some program...i love thinking you did sketches to keep your sanity. makes me think i need to buck up...

PennyBlue said...

I've missed your blog! Come by my blog and check out the new digs...I will be adding you to my new links. HUGS...BlueJude

Ellen said...

Thanks Paula, my job may have been depressing, but I did get *paid*. If it was volunteer, I couldn't have lasted. You're entitled to vent!

Blue, nice to hear from you again! I certainly will be by to check out your blog. Cheers.